List of possible one-person verb endings.
- +tu- becomes -ju- after a vowel.
- +pu- becomes +vu- after a vowel.
- +pu- is replaced by +la- after the negative postbase /ngngit-.
- +pV- becomes +vV- after a vowel.
- The interrogative mood endings cannot be used after /ngngit-.
- Negative questions are in the indicative: /ngngil-langa, /ngngil-latit, etc.
- The imperative mood endings cannot be immediately preceded by /ngngit-.
- The polite postbase /lauq- must be inserted after /ngngit-: /ngngi-lau-rit, etc.
- Subordinate moods have a reflexive third person and a non-reflexive third person.
- Reflexive third person means third person coreferential with the third person subject of the head clause. (Non-reflexive) third person is used when the third person subject of the subordinate verb is not coreferential with the subject of the head clause.
- Tikigami aliasuttuq. ≠ Tikimmat aliasuttuq.
- /ga- can be replaced by /kka- on a base or a postbase ending with t or k.
- /ga- becomes +na- after /ngngit-: /ngngin-nama, /ngngin-navit, etc.
- +mmatik can be replaced by +mmanik.
- /gu- can be replaced by /kku- on a base or a postbase ending with t or k.
- /gu- becomes /kku- after /ngngit-: /ngngi-kkuma, /ngngi-kkuvit, etc.
- +ppatik can be replaced by +ppanik.