This game gives practice with addition and subtraction.
- 2-4 players
- A deck of cards
- Pencil and paper for scoring
- Remove Kings and Queens
- Jack = 0 / Ace = 1
1. Each player is dealt 4 cards from the deck.
2. From these 4 cards each player picks two cards which, when added together, produce a sum as close to 13 as possible. Next, subtract to find out how far it is from 13.
Each player records the difference as their score.
Ex: Player 1 chooses 5 + 9, the closest to 13. The difference between 14 and 13 is 1. Player 1 records 1 point.
- After each player has a turn, cards are put in a pile and are dealt four new cards.
- After 5 rounds, the players add their points for each round.
- The person with the lowest score wins.