Counting is one of the simplest math activity you can do at home. Whether you are cooking, playing outside, harvesting on the land, travelling, there are many things and ways to count with your children.
Here are some simple and fun ways to practice counting.
- How many peanuts are there?
Count & Share
- How many blueberries are there? How many can each of the four of us have?
Guess & Count
- How many pasta do you think there are? Now count them.
- Are there more red blocks or blue blocks?
- Are there less white blocks than blue blocks?
- Can you count them by 2s, by 5s, by 10s?
Count & Group
- How many crayons are there? How many groups of 5 crayons can you make?
Peanuts. By City Foodsters. CC 2.0 Licence. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cityfoodsters/15392253304
Bricks. CC0 Licence. https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1054948