This game is to practice adding numbers that make 10.
- Any number of players
- A deck of cards
- Ace as 1
- Remove 10s, Jacks, Queens and Kings
For the first time, play with cards 4, 5 and 6. When this is mastered, create a bigger game by adding the 3s and 7s, 2s and 8s, 1s (Aces) and 9s.
1. Arrange the cards with the 4s, 5s, and 6s in rows. (You have 12 cards, four of each, mixed up)
2. Player 1 turns over two cards. If the cards add to 10, player 1 keeps them. If they do not, he turns them face down again.
4 and 6 add up to 10. Player 1 keeps the cards.
3. Player 2 takes a turn, keeping pairs that add up to 10 or putting them back if the pair is not 10.
6 and 5 does not add up to 10. Player 2 puts back the cards.
- The game is over when all pairs that add up to 10 have been uncovered.