Through the Elders Project, Kativik Ilisarniliriniq has recorded interviews with Nunavik knowledge holders. These interviews (in Inuktitut) are available online.
Invite your family to watch an interview together.
This shared experience could lead to a family discussion about…
- something you learned from the elder.
- questions you have about an activity or experience the elder described.
- how an activity the elder described has changed.
- Draw a picture of the elder.
- Try to imagine what the elder looked like as a child, a teenager, then make a drawing from this period in the elder’s life.
- Draw a scene or location that the elder described.
- Retell an event or story told by an elder, then share it with a friend or family member.
- If you could change something in the event or story, what would it be and why?
- Create a story with one or more elder as an important character.