The purpose of Module 4 – Social Enterprise Management is for students to effectively launch and start operating their social enterprise within the community. While operational, they will learn about sales, operations and finances all through experiential learning related to their social enterprise.
During this module students explore the design process and develop many social enterprise ideas that have economic viability, paired with a social or environmental mission.
In Module 04: Social Enterprise Management, students launch and start running the operations of their social enterprise. To run the operations, students will employ simple management techniques like inventory management, cash management, human resources, customer relationship management, sales and production activities.
Students will also develop sales and marketing tools in order to increase awareness of their social enterprise with the goal of increasing both sales and impact. Students will also begin to put together presentations on their social enterprise which can be used for Module 5 – Show What You Know as well as for potential investors, partners and/or customers.
Throughout this module, students will keep track of their business expenses and revenues, and identify any profits or losses. If profits are generated, students will make strategic decisions on how best to reinvest their profit for maximal social impact.
Competencies, Skills, and Concepts
- Communicated and builds relationships with target audience using marketing and sales tools
- Analyzes financial performance
- Creates a presentation on the social enterprise
- Students will participate in the operations of a social enterprise as part of a team
- Students will use management tools to manage their social enterprise
- Students will employ sales/marketing techniques to get, keep, and grown their customers
- Students will keep track of expenses, revenues, and report profits or losses
- Students will prepare a short pitch presentation that explains the business model, brand, mission and impact of the social enterprise
In the Module Teacher’s Guide, you will find:
- Competencies, Skills and
- Module Overview
- Background Information
- Workshops & Lessons
CCDY1 – CCDModule4 + Resources categories
Assessing Critical Skills
Pitch Deck Template
Wallet Design Thinking Exercise
Design Thinking Mini Project
Create a Sport Design Thinking Challenge
Workshops and Lessons
CCDY1 – CCDModule4 + Lesson Plan Category
Workshop 1.2.2 Design Thinking Process
Workshop 1.2.1 Experiencing Inuit Innovation
Workshop 1.5.1 Event Planning
Workshop 1.3.2 Validation
Workshop 1.3.3 Brand
Tags: CCDY1 – CCDModule4 + Professional Development Category