How do we engage more people with our project?
Students will understand and develop a marketing strategy for their entrepreneurial project. First, students will learn how to build the four Ps of the marketing mix. This will include learning about how to promote what your project offers, discovering your audience, finding a common cause, being an expert on your topic, and developing tools to promote your project.
Warm Up Exercise (10 Mins)
Customize a community building warm up activity for your group needs. You can consult the following resources for ideas:
● Warm Ups in Design Thinking
● Partners for Youth Empowerment
● Icebreakers & Teambuilders
● Inuit Games
Experiential Activity: Develop a Marketing Strategy (30mins+)
- Use the Marketing Workshop to guide the lesson.
- Split the class into groups of 2-3 to create and add to the plan for different aspects of marketing.
- Ask the class to present their marketing ideas for the project.
- Further develop and execute your plan.
Debrief and Reflection (10 mins)
- What? What is marketing?
- So What? How will you market your community project?
- Now what? What would you do again? What would you change?